Mormon History, Jun 30, 1846

[Apostle Wilford Woodruff Journal] 30th When I started from Mount Pisgah I Had six waggons one carriage sixteen yoak of cattle And 7 cows 2 mules & one Horse. In all 42 Head.
The bridge was finished this morning & we gatherd up our cattle & started about 9 oclok. I stoped my Carriage on the top of a rolling prairie And I had most A splendid view. I could stand And gaze to the east west North & South & behold the Saints pouring out & gathering like clouds from the Hills & dales grove & prairie with there teams, waggons, flocks, & Heards by Hunderds & thousands as it were untill it looked like the movements of A great Nation.
We travled 10 miles & camped at a point of timber on the edge of an 18 mile prairie & camped.
Mrs Woodruff was quite unwell through the day but better at night.

[source: Wilford Woodruff's Journal: 1833-1898 Typescript, Volumes 1-9, Edited by Scott G. Kenney, Signature Books 1993, http://amzn.to/newmormonstudies]

No comments:

Post a Comment