Mormon History, Jul 7, 1846

[Hosea Stout Diary] Tuesday July the 7th 1846. This morning I went to a mill on Musquto Creek about four miles from here. My object was to try and hire out there as a sawyer that I might make something to live on[.] I intended to make a permanant arraingement for work as the way was entirely hedged up for me to travail any further and this employment suited me.It was an uncommon rough road there.I did not get any work to do[.] Neither was there much business going on
When I returned I was very sick and remained so all night so this last resort to obtain something to eat proved futile nor could I have done anything had I met with an oppertunity because of my health which seemed from all appearance to be on the wane.

[Diaries of Hosea Stout]

No comments:

Post a Comment