Mormon History, Jun 24, 1846. Wednesday.

[William Clayton Journal] The morning wet and cold. I went over to President Young and told him where I was going and what for. He said he would get the cattle for me. I also spoke to Heber [Kimball] and he said: "Go and prosper." At 11 I went to council and President Young, [Heber] Kimball and [John] Taylor concluded also to go to Pisgah after the cannon. I started at 2 o'clock it then being fair. At 5 o'clock I passed Father [] Knowlton's company 13 miles from camp and at 7 passed the LaHarpe company and inquired of Brother [] Burgham and [] Freeman about Diantha but could not learn much from them . . .

[source: George D. Smith, An Intimate Chronicle; The Journals of William Clayton, Signature Books in association with Smith Research Associates, Salt Lake City, 1995, http://amzn.to/william-clayton]

No comments:

Post a Comment