Mormon History, Jul 4, 1846

[Apostle Wilford Woodruff Journal] 4 July We arose saddled our beasts rode about 10 miles & took breakfast with some Brethren. As we had no supper our appetites were good. We were here informed that President B Young H. C. Kimble & W. Richards were but A short distance from us encamped. Were on there way to mount Pisgah.
We immediately rode down whare they were And it was truly A Happy meeting. I rejoiced to once more strike hands with those noble men. They insisted upon my returning with them so Br Benson & myself with several of the life guard returned untill I met my family & company. Here I had the privilege of introducing to them my father & others. After spending A little time together they continued there Journey to Mount Pisgah to raise 500 volunteers to go to Calafornia And I stoped with my family.
It was a Hot day. I had rode about 50 miles And was exeeding sore And stiff And almost sick.

[source: Wilford Woodruff's Journal: 1833-1898 Typescript, Volumes 1-9, Edited by Scott G. Kenney, Signature Books 1993, http://amzn.to/newmormonstudies]

No comments:

Post a Comment