Mormon History, Mar 3, 1849

[Apostle Wilford Woodruff Journal] 3d I wrote A letter to Mr Wm. B. Goodyear Anapolis Md. I Also recieved A letter from Wesley Siddle. Br Whipple called upon me And spent the Afternoon. I had A good time with him. We conversed upon A variety of subjects. Among other things He informed me that the Utah Lake abounded with the largest kind of the Mountain trout some As much as two & three feet in length And that all the small & large streams puting out of the Mountains Also Abounded with trout.
I went with Br Whipple into Boston. On my return I Assisted in the Baptizing of two individuals in the sea in the midst of the Ice. Br Bird Administered the ordinance in 3 feet of water. They were the first He Baptized yet it was well done.

[source: Wilford Woodruff's Journal: 1833-1898 Typescript, Volumes 1-9, Edited by Scott G. Kenney, Signature Books 1993, http://amzn.to/newmormonstudies]

No comments:

Post a Comment