Mormon History, Feb 28, 1849

[Apostle Wilford Woodruff Journal] 28th I recieved A letter from Josiah G. Hardy of Bradford informing me of the Death of Father Nathaniel Holmes who Died Suddenly on the 20th And was buried on the 23d of Feb 1849 Aged [ ] years. He had been in the Church some 15 years And out of it for the last year of his life. Died A Strangite. I Also recieved A Liverpool Millennial Star containing Orson Spencers farewell Address which was truly interesting. Also A good letter from Prst Willard Richards & other things of interest.
I wrote two letters one to Carlin I Foss of Saco & one to Josiah G. Hardy. I went to Boston And settelled Calvin I. Foss fare in the B.S. C.T.M. Company who were going to start on the 10th March. I Paid $300 for him which was sent me By E. Carter jr. of Portland, Me. I called At 166 Hanover street to see Mrs Rogers, Rhoda & Phebe Ross. They had gone to they Boarding place 3d Bennett Avenue Bennett Street. I returned home went to the post office And Had An interview with J.P. Aldin. His Sister Married David Petigrew. I spent the Evening At Br Birds reading the Star & conversing with Mr Hugh McCully & Andrew Delin. I left them about upon the point of Being Batpized.

[source: Wilford Woodruff's Journal: 1833-1898 Typescript, Volumes 1-9, Edited by Scott G. Kenney, Signature Books 1993, http://amzn.to/newmormonstudies]

No comments:

Post a Comment