Mormon History, Feb 23, 1849

[Apostle Wilford Woodruff Journal] 23d I went with Calvin I Foss to Boston And assisted him to secure his passage ticket & share in the Bay State and calafornia & Trading & Mining company who go to Calafornia on Board of the Ship Arcatos 559 tons. The company consist of 140, each share to cost $350, which gives An equal right to the Ship And all its Contents And to all the income after they get there.
I recieved two letters one from W. I. Appleby And one from Thomas F Eldridge. I wrote one letter to Ezra Carter jr. Br Appleby inform me that Sidney Roberts is an imposture & has collected $70 of the New Haven Branch &c.

[source: Wilford Woodruff's Journal: 1833-1898 Typescript, Volumes 1-9, Edited by Scott G. Kenney, Signature Books 1993, http://amzn.to/newmormonstudies]

No comments:

Post a Comment