Mormon History, Mar 20, 1849

[Apostle Wilford Woodruff Journal] 20th I recieved three letters from W. I. Appleby from Hempstead L L & Sarah B. Foss. I wrote one to W. I. Appleby. I recieved the New York weekly Herald And other papers And learn the thrones of Europe Are still falling. Two ships have lately been wrecked one [on] our Coast one at Cape Cod on purpose to save the insurance which was much more than the Ship was worth. The Captain & crew of the ship Franklin were drowned in trying to reach shore after He had destroyed the ship & papers were found in the pockets of the Captain showing the loss of the ship was by agreement of the owners one of which is under trial for the same.

[source: Wilford Woodruff's Journal: 1833-1898 Typescript, Volumes 1-9, Edited by Scott G. Kenney, Signature Books 1993, http://amzn.to/newmormonstudies]

No comments:

Post a Comment