Mormon History, Oct 6, 1845

[Hosea Stout Diary] Monday Octr the 6th 1845. This was the first day of conference which was held in the which commenced at 10 in the morning.I went with my wife, there was about 4,000 persons present within the walls of the Temple and a large concourse of people without.At 12 we came home, and took dinner, we then back at 2 P. M.This after noon the authorities were presented to the Conference for their approval or disapproval in passing the TwelveWhen it came to William Smith the Conference disapproved of him both as one of the Twelve and also for Patriarch of the Church.At 5 oclock I met the police and my wife came home.After the police guard was detailed Genl Rich came to me and told me that Elder H. C. Kimball wanted me to hand him a list of the old police and I ordered the Clerk to do it then went with A. Weeks and brought Some thing home in a trunk about dark and then took Supper and went to the Lodge at 7 oclock and not being well came home about 10clock.

[source: Diaries of Hosea Stout]

No comments:

Post a Comment