Mormon History, Oct 29, 1845

[Hosea Stout Diary] Wednesday Octr 29th 1845. We went to the Hall at 7 oclock as before and then after taking a horse of James McGraw to winter for his use I came home for a Saddle & bridle.Still with Hunter.It was about one oclock and staid till about 3 oclock and then went to the flat and then met the police & then went to Hunters and met in council with Joseph & George Herring & Hunter in relation to their missions.They then explained to Hunter & myself the nature of their mission to us and their standing at home. which was not understood by us heretofore.It was quite an important and interesting council. & I expect will yet make a great alteration in their affairs and ours after the council was over I & Hunter went to A. P. Rockwoods and told the result of the council and he was of our opinion.
I then came home & found that Amanda Taylor, my wifes youngest sister who had been Eleven days sick was dead & all the family in mourningI came home about nine oclock.

[source: Diaries of Hosea Stout]

No comments:

Post a Comment