Mormon History, Oct 17, 1845

[Nauvoo Temple] Orson Hyde arrived in Nauvoo with 4,000 feet of topsail Russian duck canvas for the tabernacle. The tabernacle was never erected. The canvas was probably used instead for the temporary partitions in the temple attic, erected in December 1845 , and ultimately for wagon covers as the Mormons left Nauvoo, beginning in February 1846.

[source: Brown, Lisle (compiler), Chronology of the Construction, Destruction and Reconstruction of the Nauvoo Temple]

No comments:

Post a Comment