Mormon History, Oct 21, 1845

[Hosea Stout Diary] Tuesday Octr 21st 1845. Hunter met at my house this morning to make arraingements set the company hands at work.I then went to Br W. Richards who wanted to See meHe wanted me to Send a policeman there to day to be on hands in case any thing should happenThere was a council to be there and Jas Arlington Bennett was to be present and it was also Court week and people was very liable to disturb them so I went to the Masonic Hall and sent D. McArthur who was at work there.I then went to see Langley & then went in a Buggy with Col Scott about Seven miles below here to see Br Pettitt.We came back about 2 oclock and learning that some of the troops was in from Carthage, we went to Be J. Knight & Scott left me there & then went home and I Staid there till time to meet the police and went and met them as usual.We had a general meeting again on the Subject of being more punctual to attend to our duty &cI then went to Lathrops Store and Warthan told me that there was
a writ out for me &
others.I then came home about an hour after Dark

[source: Diaries of Hosea Stout]

No comments:

Post a Comment