Mormon History, Mar 4, 1846

[Hosea Stout Diary] It was then adjourned till next Monday at Shariton Ford. About half past 4 I started home in company with the rest of the brethren from our camp where we arrived about dark on My way home I had a talk with Br Lorenzo Young about our travels on this road when we fled from Missouri & also he spoke of his good feelings towards me and that he felt for me when he considered the precarious and dangerous duties of the office of my calling.That he had often felt for me when he considered what I had to go through.We also talked over the time when we passed through here and he & I had a falling out and some words passed between us but said he had not laid anything up against me on account of it.
When I came home I found that Mc[.] Arthur had kept the Wilsons horses as I told him and they were both here as mad as they could be to be comfortable. H. H. Wilson declared that he would have the matter before Brigham.But I, after showing him the nature of the case, satisfied him and both of them said that I done right.but B. W. Wilson being councilled by both myself & Brigham not did go home afterwards grumbling.

[Diaries of Hosea Stout]

No comments:

Post a Comment