Mormon History, Mar 11, 1846

[Apostle Wilford Woodruff Journal] 11th I bought A keg of oysters 1/2 bushels of clams And a fresh codfish to my Father. Took cars. Rode to New Britain. Hiered a waggon to go to Farmington. 4 miles. Paid $1.50. 30 miles.
I arived at My Fathers House at 3 oclok And was truly glad to once more behold the face of My Father & Mother which blessing I Highly Prized which was according to my expectations while at sea in my suffering condition.
I sent to the office for a letter from Phebe But did not get any. I was informed on my arival that Aunt Anna Cosset Died on the 25th Jan 1846 After A long sicknes or illness of two years & 4 months. Her death Broke up the family. Ann expects to go [to] A factory And Cyrus to canton in the Blacksmith business. And it leaves Betsey alone so she desires to go to Calafornia with Father Wood-ruffs family that she may live with the Saints.

[Wilford Woodruff's Journal: 1833-1898 Typescript, Volumes 1-9, Edited by Scott G. Kenney, Signature Books 1993, http://amzn.to/newmormonstudies]

No comments:

Post a Comment