Mormon History, Mar 26, 1846

[Apostle Wilford Woodruff Journal] 26th + This was An exeeding busy day. I made A purchase of such dry goods & shoes, garden seeds &c As was Necessary. I Packed one Parsel of goods in the rifle Box at Br Beers of $25, one package of shoes of $21, two tents $18 = $36 one water proof tent floor $9.45. I bought one Colts revolvers for $10. I bought one quarter of A flowering mill $80 = $20. One <-> from Ilus F Carter for <[-]> & waggon &c $85. Sundry other goods. I obtained from Ilus the following Address: Luther Scammons New Lancaster Allison P.O. I think Monmouth Co.
Phebe And Mother has spent her whole time with Mrs Carter And Father And myself have spent our nights there. Ilus F. Carter has been exeeding kind to me And Father And Mother Woodruff. Before I left He made me A present of A splended gold pencil worth from $7 to $10 And Phebe A gold pen worth $4.

[source: Wilford Woodruff's Journal: 1833-1898 Typescript, Volumes 1-9, Edited by Scott G. Kenney, Signature Books 1993, http://amzn.to/newmormonstudies]

No comments:

Post a Comment