Mormon History, Mar 23, 1846

[Apostle Wilford Woodruff Journal] 23d {Farewell} We arose early in the morning to start on our Journey. Took Breakfast & bid fare well to the town of Farmington And all the inhabitants thereoff. We were taken to new Britain in A waggon. Our company consisted of Father And Mother Woodruff And Betsey Cossett who accompanys them in gathering with the Saints As her Mother is dead, Also little Phebe & myself making 4 of us in Number.
It was A Plesant morning. As we was on the top of the mountain I cast my eyes back upon the Town of Farmington And bid it a final & probably last farewell with joy.
We did not get to the train in season to get on board the Passenger train so we took the Baggage train to New Haven. I there found Br Adams from Springfield. He went with me to the United States Rifle Factory. I bought 4 Rifles with extra Barrels. Spent the day in New Haven.
Took steemer at night. Arived in New York in the morning. Distance from Farmington 130 m.

[source: Wilford Woodruff's Journal: 1833-1898 Typescript, Volumes 1-9, Edited by Scott G. Kenney, Signature Books 1993, http://amzn.to/newmormonstudies]

No comments:

Post a Comment