Mormon History, Jul 28, 1849

[Apostle Wilford Woodruff Journal] 28th I took the parting hand with Sister Russell & the Saints And in company with Elder Joseph Russel And his son George H. Russell we left the Island to go to Bedeque. I felt greatly blest while on this Island. I recieved great kindness from Brother & Sister Russell who are Israelites indeed & full of faith & good works. Our hearts were knit together and I felt it good to be under their roof & in their society. I shall long remeber my visit with them.
We rode to Chatham. We have parted with George H Russell. We took stage & Br Russell & myself started on our journey for Bedeque. We rode through Ketchmaquack Rushabueto Bocktoosh Cookhane to She-dece. Spent the night at Lemon In. I got a letter from Br Cannon. 80 m.

[source: Wilford Woodruff's Journal: 1833-1898 Typescript, Volumes 1-9, Edited by Scott G. Kenney, Signature Books 1993, http://amzn.to/newmormonstudies]

No comments:

Post a Comment