Mormon History, Aug 13, 1849

[Apostle Wilford Woodruff Journal] Aug 13th { +} I this day looked over my letters & papers sent to me in my Absense during last two months And I find I have recieved the following viz 15 Letters from the following persons: G. J. Hardy, John Druce H Felt, Albard, J. Cowden, Mary Ann Pratt, Bathsheba W. Smith, John Benbow Thomas Cartwright, James Burgess 2, Joseph Grover Sarah B Foss 2, Jacob Gibson 2. Brother Benbow informed me in his letter that Father Woodruff was well & living with James Ferguson.
I Also recieved 5 Numbers of the Millennial Star filled with good news of the progress of the work of the Lord in the British Isles. I also recieved the 10 & 12 No's of the Frontier Guardian Also containing good News. Also 8 No of the New York weekly Herald containing the general political commercial & National News of the world.

[source: Wilford Woodruff's Journal: 1833-1898 Typescript, Volumes 1-9, Edited by Scott G. Kenney, Signature Books 1993, http://amzn.to/newmormonstudies]

No comments:

Post a Comment