Mormon History, Oct 12, 1847

[Apostle Wilford Woodruff Journal] 12th I had A question put to me by President Young what my opinion was concerning one of the Twelve Apostles being appointed as the President of the Church with his two Councellors. I Answered that A quorum like the Twelve who had been appointed by revelation & confirmed by revelation from time to time I thought it would require A revelation to change the order of that quorum. + [Asterisk is Woodruff's.]
We travled 8 miles & nooned. Br Stillman shot A Buffalo cow. I went with my carriage into the Bluffs about 2 miles & we dressed it which took untill near night. I shot at 2 Calves & got neither of them. We did not get into camp untill 9 oclok at night & Br Stillman & myself worked untill 1 oclok cutting & salting up meat. I got but little sleep. 16m.
+ What ever the Lord inspires you to do in this matter I am with you.13th Our Horses are failing more & more daily. Several gave out today we travled 14 miles & camped on the north fork of the Platt. We begin to come again to some timber. Some Buffalo were killed to day & large Herds near us. 14 m.

[source: Wilford Woodruff's Journal: 1833-1898 Typescript, Volumes 1-9, Edited by Scott G. Kenney, Signature Books 1993, http://amzn.to/newmormonstudies]

No comments:

Post a Comment