Mormon History, Aug 23, 1845

[Nauvoo Temple] The cupola or dome raised to the top of the temple tower with Bro. Goddard riding it up. August 23. About sixty or seventy of the workmen celebrated by eating watermelons on the attic. The men hoisted a flag and it stayed until Sunday night

[Brown, Lisle (compiler), Chronology of the Construction, Destruction and Reconstruction of the Nauvoo Temple]

No comments:

Post a Comment