Mormon History, Saturday, August 9th, 1845

[Apostle John Taylor diary] This day Bro. Miller arrived at my house; he entertained me, while journeying from Upper Canada to Far West, six weeks in Indiana. He had been up in Missouri and from there had went into Iowa; and had not been very strong in the faith but he came here and manifested a desire to do right, I acted kindly to him as he had before done to me; he, and his wife and child staid at our house.'-- About house all day; my daughter Mary Ann was taken sick and remained very bad all night. Sunday, August 10th, 1845. I baptized my mother, and my nephew, John Rich and his sister Elizabeth for their health; and John and Jerusha Smith, son and daughter of the late Bro. Hyrum Smith, Patriarch for their sins. After which attended meeting at sand, Bro. Phelps spoke, after which I addressed the people.'--In afternoon, at 2 o'clock attended meeting at Seventies' Hall where I preached for some time to the Quorums, and gave them some instruction. After which George A
.
Smith made some remarks on [the] Nauvoo House and other items.

[source: 'The John Taylor Nauvoo journal, January 1845-September 1845,' BYU Studies 23:3 (1983) edited by Dean C. Jessee]

No comments:

Post a Comment