Mormon History, May 30, 1847

[Apostle Wilford Woodruff Journal] 30th Sunday We set this day apart for Prayer & fasting. In the morning I shaved & washed all over & Anointed my head & put on Clean Clothing. Read A chapter in the Book of Mormon & humbled myself before the Lord & poured out my soul in prayer before the Lord & his spirit desended upon me & I was blessed. I spent some time in writing my Journal.
The camp had A Prayer meeting in the morning & met Again in public Meeting. President Young in company with the quorum of the Twelve & a few others went into the vally of the Hills & according to the order of the Priesthood prayed in A circle Porter & Br Carrington watched to see that no Indians Come upon us. We had A good time.
There was A heavy storm Appeared but it mostly went Around. There was but little rain whare we were. We returned to our waggons & took some refreshment having eaten nothing during the day. Soon the Son came out plain & plesant.
In the evening I went out 2 miles with the quorum of the Twelve onto A High Bluff & had a good views of the Black Hills Also Prayers.

[source: Wilford Woodruff's Journal: 1833-1898 Typescript, Volumes 1-9, Edited by Scott G. Kenney, Signature Books 1993, http://amzn.to/newmormonstudies]
[Wilford Woodruff's Journal: 1833-1898 Typescript, Volumes 1-9, Edited by Scott G. Kenney, Signature Books 1993, http://amzn.to/newmormonstudies]

No comments:

Post a Comment