Mormon History, Apr 19, 1846. Sunday.

[William Clayton Journal] While the rest are gone to meeting I turned to unpacking and took an inventory of church property. It took me till about 4 o'clock to get through. Daniel Spencer's company had arrived about 5 o'clock. [Porter] Rockwell and Edwin Cutler arrived with the mail. Received a letter from Diantha written confirming the birth of my son &c also a letter from A[lmon] W. Babbit on some business. Went to see the President to show him the inventory but could not find him. About dark he sent for me and I went again but he was gone and I did not see him. My mare got in a mud hole last night and is very badly strained. Evening went to council and read many letters and wrote one to Elder [Orson] Hyde.

[source: George D. Smith, An Intimate Chronicle; The Journals of William Clayton, Signature Books in association with Smith Research Associates, Salt Lake City, 1995, http://amzn.to/william-clayton]

No comments:

Post a Comment