Mormon History, Oct 14, 1845

[Hosea Stout Diary] Tuesday Octr 14th 1845. Before day this morning Brs Hunter & Warthan came to my house on their way to their hiding place.Hunter wanted me to go in the morning to the Hall to see how the picket guard was doing in his absence and also make such arrangements an I thought necessary to keep up the guard till he could be with them accordingly at 7 oclock I went and found the guard very much confused and disorganized and did not attend to their business very punctuallyI then regulated matters to the best advantage I could and at 10 met the Lodge during its Session Be Langley was taken very Sick with the ague & I had to take him home, & then hearing that some of the governors "Moblitia" had come in Town again I went to See Genl Rich but he was in the countryI then went to Hutchings. and stayed awhile and then met with the Company in the cellar of the Temple to organize and make Some preperations for our Contemplated journey next Spring and came home and went with
Br A. Brown to See John
Robinson who was going with us we then came home & I went to bed at 8 oclock.

[source: Diaries of Hosea Stout]

No comments:

Post a Comment