Mormon History, Oct 16, 1848

[Apostle Wilford Woodruff Journal] 16th + I finished reading A work this morning entitled A man of Sorrows or the providence of God displayed By Wm. Jackson S.B.C. Minister of the Gospel of South Boston Church. It was truly an interesting work Showing his sufferings from his Childhood up & the dealings of Providence with him. His sufferings are vary great.
I parted with the Saints this morning & took cars to South Brooklin. I called upon Mr Watter House who treated me kindly. I met A number of the saints at Br Cartwrights And had A good council. They renderd me some assistance.
I wrote A letter to Orson Pratt And spoke of L. O. Littlefield C[an?]e And of others in England. I walked out in the evening with the Brethren & spent the night with Br Cartwright. 35 m.

[source: Wilford Woodruff's Journal: 1833-1898 Typescript, Volumes 1-9, Edited by Scott G. Kenney, Signature Books 1993, http://amzn.to/newmormonstudies]

No comments:

Post a Comment