Mormon History, Oct 31, 1848

[Apostle Wilford Woodruff Journal] 31st Br Rockwood came in the morning. I spent A few moments with him. He informed me that Br John Luce informed him that Letters had been recieved from the Salt Lake valley as late as the 9th of July that there Harvest of wheat came in full & heavy. They had wheat Enough Alone to last the Encampment two years. Also that they had large crops of corn & was doing well. That it was Also Healthy. This was certainly Glorious news to us.
Br Badlam went into Boston with me. I procured some things for my wife And children then took cars And Arived in Saco At 8 oclok. Hired A waggon And rode to Sister Foss's. I there found my wife And children And I spent the night with them. 105.

[source: Wilford Woodruff's Journal: 1833-1898 Typescript, Volumes 1-9, Edited by Scott G. Kenney, Signature Books 1993, http://amzn.to/newmormonstudies]

No comments:

Post a Comment