Mormon History, Jan 20, 1849

[Apostle Wilford Woodruff Journal] 20th Brother A. P. Rockwood left for the west to day. I was quite unwell yet in company with Br Badlam I rode to Salem & spent the night with Br Joseph Henderson 29 Union Street. I was vary sick at night with teeth Ake cold And Ague in the face.
Did not sleep at All during the night so I had A plenty of time for meditation And among the subjects before me I reflected upon A Mission that one of the Presidents of the Seventies Presented to the Eastern Branches while on his mission East to collect funds for building A Seventies Hall in the valley. Why was the mission not signed by President Brigham Young if it was right for such A mission to be taken, or was it got up to Assist the individual in Person more than to build the Seventies Hall? I think it right And safe to present All missions And Business of importance Before the President of the Church when they can be got at. 20 miles

[source: Wilford Woodruff's Journal: 1833-1898 Typescript, Volumes 1-9, Edited by Scott G. Kenney, Signature Books 1993, http://amzn.to/newmormonstudies]

No comments:

Post a Comment