Mormon History, Feb 4, 1849

[Apostle Wilford Woodruff Journal] 4th Sunday I had A meeting in the fore part of the day with my family. My wife And children come to gether once Aweek. We sing And Pray And I teach them the things of the kingdom of God And I break bread And partake of the sacrament with them.
My ownly Son living was baptized when he was Eight years old. He is now most nine year of Age. He is A good youth And seems to be under the influence of the spirit of the Lord. He obeys his Parents in all things. I ordained him this day to the office of A Priest to officiate in that office in his Fathers houshold untill He shall Arive At A suitable Age to officiate in the Church. When I Am abroad away from my family Attending to the Affairs of the Church Phebe W. Woodruff my wife & Mother of my children calls them together And teaches & instructs them to Pray And to understand the principles of faith And the gospel. And Wilford Woodruff Jr. Now ordained A Priest can bless the bread And wine And Administer it to the family who Are members of the Church from time to time inasmuch As they have not A chance to Attend meeting in Any branch of the church.
I met with the boston branch of the Church at Br E. F. Bird. As Brother Badlam the Presiding Elder had left for Calafornia I thought it wisdom to Appoint Another Presiding Elder After speaking to them An hour, Elder Stephen H Pierce was Appointed Presiding Elder over the Boston Branch, And Silas P. Barnes And E. F. Bird were Appointed his Councillers.
Wilford was quite sick during the night. We Administered to him by the laying on of hands And He was better.

[source: Wilford Woodruff's Journal: 1833-1898 Typescript, Volumes 1-9, Edited by Scott G. Kenney, Signature Books 1993, http://amzn.to/newmormonstudies]

No comments:

Post a Comment