Mormon History, Mar 13, 1847

[Hosea Stout Diary] Saturday March 13th 1847. Dull cloudy weather[.] North wind drizzling snow flying. General turn out to the mill dam.
Today Capts A. Mc[.] Rae, Meeks & Langley were here most of the day. I was around as usual but nothing particular took place
At dark I went to a meeting of the seventies at the Council house. Here J. P. Packer was up before them for a charge of stealing a brace of six shooters by getting them with a forged order. Some was for cutting him off. Some for keeping him on trial awhile and so on. I spoke quite lengthy on the subject and was for keeping him in fellowship as I could fellowship any man that could be suffered to live amongst us and when we could not stand it any longer to cut him off â€"behind the ears - according to the law of God in such cases. I came home about twelve oclock at night.

[source: Diaries of Hosea Stout]
[Diaries of Hosea Stout]

No comments:

Post a Comment