Mormon History, May 16, 1849

[Apostle Wilford Woodruff Journal] 16th I went into Boston with Father Carter Mrs Woodruff And Phebe & Susan Woodruff & got all our Dageurrotype likeness taken in one group, By Br. M. Cannon. I then went to Oak Hall & bought A suit of clothes Dress Coat, vests, & Pants & Hat All amounting to $28.
I returned to Cambridgeport & obtained 4 letters from Thomas Cartwright, Josiah G Hardy James H Wilson & Phebe W Woodruff. I wrote 3 letters to Thomas Cartwright, Wm. H. Wilson, and Orson Hyde And sent one New subscriber for the paper Wm H Wilson. I recieved $4 in Br Cartwright Letter for Papers which He recieves from Br. Hyde. I forward the money By Brother McKenzie also $2 from Br Wilson, Total $6 to day, $18 yesterday. In all $24. I forward this last letter & Money by Br McKenzie. I walked up with Father Carter to see A fire in Cam-bridgeport.
T Mckenzie recieved of T Cartwright $4 in Boston $1 Total $29.
I met with Father Ezra Carter & Mrs Phebe W. Woodruff And Conversed with Father Carter upon the subject of the Priesthood. I laid my hands upon his head & ordained him to the office of High Priest And to the office of A Patriarch in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He is the ownly individual out of A numerous family who has recieved the gospel. It was Manifest in various ways that He was of the Blood Of Ephraim from the loins of Joseph. It was fully manifest unto me while my hands was upon his head that this was the case. The power of God rested upon us while attending to these ordinances And we were filled with the spirit of God, Prophecy & rejoiceing.

[source: Wilford Woodruff's Journal: 1833-1898 Typescript, Volumes 1-9, Edited by Scott G. Kenney, Signature Books 1993, http://amzn.to/newmormonstudies]

No comments:

Post a Comment