Mormon History, Jan 24, 1846

[Hosea Stout Diary] Saturday Jan 24th 1846. Arose about sun up quite sickMet the guard as usual in the cellar & spoke at length to them on the necessity of keeping ourselves humble and prayerful before the Lord & also to keep ourselves in order when we meet together to attend to the business of our calling which was unanimously recieved by the company whereupon it was also then agreed to hence forth open our meetings by prayer and supplication to the Lord to protect us and the things which we are intrusted with and deliver us from our enemies
I remained at the Temple untill about one and then in company with J. D. Hunter went home and took dinner & returned to the guard at three as before.Meeting was opened by prayer by Duncan McArthurThe guard was then regulated for the night and I went up in the Temple and wrote in my journal.To day at ten there was a general meeting of the Saints in the second story of the Temple to elect new trustees in trust for the church & other purposes and Almon W. Babbitt Jos. L. Haywood and John S. Fulmer were elected Trustees in trust for the church and John M. Barnhisel
I went from the guard home againI felt depressed in spirit and went to bed and laid untill sundown and again rode to the Temple for it was not safe for me to say at home at night because of my enemies.I sent my horse home by one of the guard and went up in the Temple and staid all nightAbout one oclock laid down to rest & slept well till day â€"

[Diaries of Hosea Stout]

No comments:

Post a Comment