Mormon History, Feb 8, 1846

[Hosea Stout Diary] Sunday Feb 8th 1846. Met the guard and troops as usual and returned home at ten and Staid there till three and met the guard again as usual.
There was a meeting at the Stand West of the Temple to day at which the Twelve delivered their last discourse before leaving for the West.I returned home from guard & went to packing my goods again for a move & sent two waggons loaded with my goods & other things for our journey, to the river under the management of Robert C. Moore who agreed to go with and see to have them taken care of untill I came over and I went to Allen Weeks & took him along with me & went to the ferry and saw my waggons safe on board of the ferry boat and then went by Allen Weeks and from thence to Elizabeth Taylors my wifes mother where my wife had gone to stay all night as all our things were sent over the river
On our way to the river Br. Weeks told me that he had been sealed to Br John D. Lee and also had at the same time had Malissa Bennett sealed to him also [blank] Bennett to him â€" I staid with my wife till morning

[source: Diaries of Hosea Stout]

No comments:

Post a Comment