Mormon History, Jan 30, 1846

[Hosea Stout Diary] Friday Jany 30th 1846. Warm foggy morning.Some appearance of clearing off.I met the guard as usual and regulated it for the day and then went to the printing office and made arraingements for some books then to the Lodge & the waggon shop and then to the Temple and then with C. Allen I went home & took dinner and then met the guard and then saw Br Alpheus Cutler who wanted to see me.He informed me that a company was organized to steal our waggons as fast as we got them done to prevent us from moving west.I then gave him a full statement of the nature of the dissension in the "Old Police"He had a better understanding of it than any man which I had before talked with and seemed to comprehend the Spirit by which they were actuated and informed me of evil plotting against me which I had not heard of and also that my life was threatened by some in very positive terms.I felt that he was my friend.
I went from the Temple to Hunters & returned to the Temple after supper and staid all night.

[source: Diaries of Hosea Stout]

No comments:

Post a Comment