Mormon History, Feb 2, 1846

[Hosea Stout Diary] Monday February 2nd 1846. Went with my wife to the Temple to be Sealed but there was no sealing going on to day.Hunter & I saw & had a talk with B. Young about the Police.He said he was satisfied with me in some things that Some said he thought I was wrong in.He gave us good instruction in relation to governing men & Said he wanted me to stand in the place I now hold after we get to the WestAfter he was done instructing us he blessed us in the name of the Lord.
I came home with my wife at noon and while eating dinner John Scott came for me and said that we must be ready to leave for the west by next thursday.So we went to the Temple and saw B. Young and then Scott went over the river to procure boats & lead for the journey & Hunter and I went to the river also to procure boats and then met the guard and regulated it for the night & then met with the Capt of the emegrating companies & was there informed that we must put every thing in our companies in readiness to be used on demandI then met some of our captains and made the necessary arraingements as above, & then went up to the Temple & saw Br Kimball who told us that we might bring our wives to the Temple to night and have them Sealed which we did & came home at 9 oclock

[source: Diaries of Hosea Stout]

No comments:

Post a Comment