Mormon History, Jan 21, 1846

[Hosea Stout Diary] Wednesday Jany 21st 1846. Staid at the Temple untill 8 oc and met the guard and after regulating it for the day put in under Capt B. Jones & I remained there and then came home & took my wife to the TempleShe came to accompany Lucretia Fisher who was going down to get her endowmentwe was there untill dark and then came home but I regulated the guard at three and sent them out under Capt Scott.I remained home untill about eight oclock when an express came from the Temple stating that some men had come into town under suspicious circumstances & also that some writs had been sent in by two Strangers one for me & one for Elder Orson HydeI immediately went to the Temple it proved a false alarm.I remained there all night all was well in the morning

[source: Diaries of Hosea Stout]

No comments:

Post a Comment