Mormon History, Mar 1, 1849

[Apostle Wilford Woodruff Journal] {March 1st 1849} This is my Birth Day Also the first day of the Spring of 1849. I am 42 years old this day. How such figures look to A man while Counting up his years, As the Lord has preserved me through another year of my life, I Pray my Heavenly Father to keep me safe through the year which I am no Entering. O God the Eternal Father I ask the in the Name of thy Son Jesus Christ, & by virtue of the Holy Priesthood to preserve me blameless through this year of my life which I am now Entering. Keep me from evry temptation, from Entangling my feet with sin. Let the Holy Ghost be my Constant Companion & teach me my duty in all things. Give me favor in thy sight O Lord & in the sight of thy Son Jesus Christ, in the sight of Angels And in the sight of All Prophets, Apostles, Patriarchs, & Saints both in Heaven, & on Earth. Preserve my wife & Children in safety & all appertaining unto me. Bless thy Servant Brigham His Council, the Twelve, Seventies High Priest, with all the Saints of the Most High God in all the Earth. Bless the Seed of Abraham, And gather them Home. Favor Zion, O Lord, Break in peaces every weapon formed against her. I Ask all these Blessings with all others which thou seest I need in the Name of Jesus Christ & by virtue of the Holy Priesthood Amen.
I arose early while all nature was wraped in sleep And Commenced writing in my Journal. I Also wrote A letter to Orson Pratt of Liverpool & one to Leonard Hardy. I recieved A letter from L Hardy. I recieved A visit from Br Whipple, Br Haven, Br Boynton. I had A plesant visit with them. Br Boynton had with him A model of A machine which he Had invented for cutting out soles for making shoes which is A vary ingenious peace of work. Is getting A pattern for it.

[source: Wilford Woodruff's Journal: 1833-1898 Typescript, Volumes 1-9, Edited by Scott G. Kenney, Signature Books 1993, http://amzn.to/newmormonstudies]

No comments:

Post a Comment