Mormon History, Nov 27, 1847. Saturday.

[William Clayton Journal] During the last 4 weeks I have spent part of the time writing and part attending on my family. Gloomy prospects seem to thicken around my family and it requires a constant effort to keep pace with crowding scenes of suffering and sorrow. I have killed an old Ox of Church property to sustain us. We have had 2 rain storms which beat into the houses and wet every thing. James has been very sick for 3 weeks past and now is low indeed, in fact but small hopes for his recovery. I have got a mission to England as soon as I can arrange to go.

[source: George D. Smith, An Intimate Chronicle; The Journals of William Clayton, Signature Books in association with Smith Research Associates, Salt Lake City, 1995, http://amzn.to/william-clayton]

No comments:

Post a Comment