Mormon History, Jul 9, 1847

[Apostle Wilford Woodruff Journal] 9th I arose this morning quit unwell. Felt threatend with the camp fever. Yet I mounted my horse And rode untill 10 oclok. Before Starting however I was Called upon to Administer to Br Carter who was taken with the fever. There Are new Cases evry day in Camp. I took to my bed at 10 oclok with distressing pain in my head back joints bones, marrow & all through the system Attended with Cold Chills & hot flashes through the body, And we travled 13 miles over as bad road as we had had on the journey which makes it exeeding painful to the sick. The day seemed exeeding long to me. When we stoped at night I took composition cayeene And A dose of vegitable pill, And I had A better nights rest than I expected. Distance of the day 13.

[Wilford Woodruff's Journal: 1833-1898 Typescript, Volumes 1-9, Edited by Scott G. Kenney, Signature Books 1993, http://amzn.to/newmormonstudies]

No comments:

Post a Comment