Mormon History, Apr 14, 1847

[Apostle Wilford Woodruff Journal] 14th After getting all things in Readiness to leave I called my family to gether & Blessed my wife & childrens And left them in the hands of the Lord. I bid farewell to father Woodruff & family and all around me & took my leave of winter quarters & in company with Elders O Pratt, Lyman G. A Smith E Snow & others we again took the indian trail & rode through the prairie to the Elk Horn & went over on a raft & camped two miles below the ferry, & we had a splendid supper composed of fried Cat fish pork beans, short Cake, Honey Comb, coffee, milk &c &c. We all eat vary Harty. Had prayers & retired to bed. 25 miles.

[source: Wilford Woodruff's Journal: 1833-1898 Typescript, Volumes 1-9, Edited by Scott G. Kenney, Signature Books 1993, http://amzn.to/newmormonstudies]

No comments:

Post a Comment