Mormon History, Apr 14, 1847. Wednesday.

[William Clayton Journal] This morning severely pained with rheumatism in my face. At 11 o'clock Brigham and Dr. Richards came. B. told me to rise up and start with the pioneers in half an hour's notice. I delivered to him the records of the K[ingdom] of G[od] and set my folks to work to get my clothes together to start with the pioneers. At 2 o'clock I left my family and started in Heber's carriage with Heber and W[illia]m Kimball and Ellen Sanders. Bishop Whitney and [Amasa] Lyman went out with us in another wagon. We went about 19 miles and camped on the prairie. After supper Heber prayed and we retired to rest.

[source: George D. Smith, An Intimate Chronicle; The Journals of William Clayton, Signature Books in association with Smith Research Associates, Salt Lake City, 1995, http://amzn.to/william-clayton]

No comments:

Post a Comment