Mormon History, Nov 17, 1846

[Apostle Wilford Woodruff Journal] 17th 18th 19th 20 & 21 I began to labour once more during these days as I was overwhelmed in business, as is the case with the whole Camp of Israel. I have never seen the Latter Day Saints in any situation where they seemed to be passing through greater tribulations or wearing out faster than at the present time.
After being exposed to the sufferings of a tedious journey of 10 months in tents and waggons without Houses we are oblieged to build a city of log Houses numbering more than one thousand for the purpose of stoping in about three months & having to go a great distance for timber & wood & get it out of deep ravenes and hollows which makes it vary hard to endure. I am trying to build a log house for myself & one for Father Woodruff.

[Wilford Woodruff's Journal: 1833-1898 Typescript, Volumes 1-9, Edited by Scott G. Kenney, Signature Books 1993, http://amzn.to/newmormonstudies]

No comments:

Post a Comment