Mormon History, Dec 23, 1846

[Apostle Wilford Woodruff Journal] 23d I was quite unwell this morning yet I went to the woods with Father and choped 3 loads of wood & brought home 2 loads. I attended meeting in the evening with our division. Br Benson attended with me and followed me in addressing the people.
I met in Council with the Twelve on the eve of the 22d. Among other things President Young spoke upon some Principles. One was concerning love between man and wife Male and female as it would be in the morning of the resurrection. That in this life much called love was more the effect of passion than principle but in the resurrection the love to the man would be according to his exhaltation and glory.

[source: Wilford Woodruff's Journal: 1833-1898 Typescript, Volumes 1-9, Edited by Scott G. Kenney, Signature Books 1993, http://amzn.to/newmormonstudies]

No comments:

Post a Comment