Mormon History, Jan 29, 1846

[Hosea Stout Diary] Thursday Jany 29th 1846. Met the guard at Eight oclock and regulated it for the day.This was a very wet and disagreeable day & I posted all the city guard in and around the Temple to keep them out of the Storm and also to have them where they could be come at in case they were needed for I had learned that Majr Warren & some troops & a man from Warsaw was in the city and had not learned their business.About nine oclock I returned up in the Temple again.About one I learned that there were twelve of the troops in the city.I remained in the Temple all day & met the guard as usual and regulated it for the night and then went home a little before dark.It was very wet & muddy and still raining.

[source: Diaries of Hosea Stout]

No comments:

Post a Comment