Mormon History, Jan 31, 1846

[Hosea Stout Diary] Saturday Jany 31 1846. Arose at 6 oclock all was wellPrest J. P. Harmon notified me that the Eleventh Quorum was going to have their endowment to day and wanted me and wife to attendI went home and brought her down and after staying awhile went with John Scott to see Br A. Cutler about the dissension of the Police and wanted him to and have the matter laid in a proper manner before the TwelveThis was about noon.I think some thing is wrong in the minds of the Twelve in relation to this matter but how it appears to them I know not.But I feel that I have done my duty in protecting their lives from their enemies both from within and without which thing has brought down the indignation of the mob and also false brethren upon me & my life is threatened by both and diligently sought for as I walk in the streets but whether I live or die I am determined to sustain the Twelve and the Authorities of this kingdom although I feel that some very unexpected catastrophe is going to happen
because of false brethren
I went up in the Temple again at one, and remained there untill about 3 then sent my wife home and met the guard and regulated it & Police for the night and came home and staid all night.

[source: Diaries of Hosea Stout]

No comments:

Post a Comment