Mormon History, Feb 3rd [Feb 1846]

[Brigham Young Journal] Notwithstanding I gave out word that we would not attend to these matters= yet the House was thronged all the day. The anxiety are so great that the Brethren would have us stay here & continue the endowments until our way will be Hedged up-& our enemies intercept us- but I tell you Brethren that it will not do- this is not the last Temple that we will build-- in this house we have been payed- well if we were to receive no more - & I tell that there will be double the anxiety manifest to build the next- that there was to Ericte this -- then be satisfied -- I am going to load up my waggon & be away from this place- immediately- I walked off some little distance from the Temple soposing the crowd would disperse-but on returning to the Temple again- I found the House thronged to overflowing looking upon the multitude & knowing the anxiety of the Brethren- that were thirsting & hungering for the word- we commenced sealing & anointing- & continued & continued also the washings Night & Day- putting through from 2 to 300 Persons within 24 hours- & spent the the night. Feb 3rd [Feb 1846]

[source: Brigham Young Journal # 4 in the handwriting of: William Clayton, Evan Greene, John D. Lee, Willard Richards. First person account kept by others. 'Lieut. Genl Brigham Young's Journal 1844']

No comments:

Post a Comment