Mormon History, 27 [Jan 1846]

[Brigham Young Journal] Tuesday morning the washing commenced in both departments the Sealings were attend to day by myself Heber C. Kimball & and A. Lyman- the 2nd anointings was likewise carried on in Room No 2 & 4, O. Hyde P. P. Pratt O Pratt officiating in No 2 & 4 G. A. Smith & W. Richards are absent on account of sickness- about noon Bro. Benj. Mcegensis & Lady called on me. I took my clerk J. D. Lee & we repaired to the North vestry where I had an- interview with the 2 fore mentioned Persons setting forth to them the Law of god relative--- to his case & returned- I will observed that I receid a letter from Lawyer- Jos Lamburn maled at Springfield stating in it that the Governor was decidedly in favor of General Hardin the commander of the mob militia that had been sent here by the Govr & who has been in Favor of suspended all civil offices & suspended the collection of Tax & pacing the county under Marshall Law- which of cours will soon be the case as Harden is expected here every day- & when he comes he is to address us on this subject- & will no doubt to renew those writts that had been isued for the 12 & others & thereby comonenice harassing us again--- Br Heber said that he was glad that the govenor had turned against us & the President also- for he had feared that the Lord would not have let us go- until this would first be done- about 3 oclock in the evening Br J. D. Grant came after me to go & see my lille son Brigham that had been on the chin by a horse I god in my carriage & Rode home but found him less hurt then what I had expected his chin was considerably Brused & 2 of his teeth broken out -his- Mother having halted the wound-- had him quite easy -- so I returned back to the Temple & assumed my labors-which lasted to 10 oclock- eve- after which I went to A. P. Rockwood & spent a few hours then went back to the Temple & spent the Night-- 27 [Jan 1846]

[source: Brigham Young Journal # 4 in the handwriting of: William Clayton, Evan Greene, John D. Lee, Willard Richards. First person account kept by others. 'Lieut. Genl Brigham Young's Journal 1844']

No comments:

Post a Comment