Mormon History, Oct 7, 1849

[Apostle Wilford Woodruff Journal] + 7th Last night was A Dredful storm. Many lives were lost at sea no doubt during the night which we shall hear from. It stormed vary severe through this day.
I rode 8 miles through the storm to meet with the saints at Northbridge to settle A Difficulty between Elder Sweat the presiding Elder & Elder Wade both of the Seventies. It was found on trial that Elder Wade was in the fault & Elder Swett was justified. I should have been justifyed in Cutting off Br Wade for He manifested the spirit of Aposticy & opposition to the presiding Elder. He said the presiding Elder Could not Cut him off, & did not think Br Woodruff Could. I was under the necessity of reproving him sharply for his proud, Haughty spirit & rebellion to the Authority of the Church. Such things are vary disagreeable to me. I have had several difficulties to settle of late. After meeting I rode in the rain to Br Adams took supper & spent the night. 16.

[source: Wilford Woodruff's Journal: 1833-1898 Typescript, Volumes 1-9, Edited by Scott G. Kenney, Signature Books 1993, http://amzn.to/newmormonstudies]

No comments:

Post a Comment