Mormon History, Oct 20, 1849

[Apostle Wilford Woodruff Journal] 20th Freedom & Shuah Moulton came into Portland this morning. [..] Fabyan took me into his Carriage & Carried me over the City. We went to the observitory & saw the houses that were mo[bed?] of late. We dined with Ezra Carter. He will give me letters of introduction for our representatives from the State of Deseret to the representatives & Senators from Maine.
At 4 oclok we parted with our friends. Ilus made me A present of some Books. We took Cars rode to saco & met with Olive Foss who came with us to visit her Mother in Boston whare we arived at 9 oclok. We took the Hourly & rode to our house & spent the night & was glad to once more get home. On my arival home I recieved 5 letters from Dr Bernhisel Thomas Cartwright, Joseph Crapo, Wm Sweat & George Shipley. Also the Guardian & M. Star. 110.

[source: Wilford Woodruff's Journal: 1833-1898 Typescript, Volumes 1-9, Edited by Scott G. Kenney, Signature Books 1993, http://amzn.to/newmormonstudies]

No comments:

Post a Comment