Mormon History, Jun 18, 1848

[Apostle Wilford Woodruff Journal] 18th Sunday I rode with my family to the Tabernacle & met with W Richards O Hyde G A. Smith And A congregation of Saints. W Richards addressed the meeting & laid his situation & wants before them. He wanted oxen waggons & money to fit him out to go to the mountains with his Brethren who had gone before him. G A Smith followed him & W. Woodruff & O Hyde upon the Subject.
I dined with W Richards at Br Hydes. A Committee was appointed to go & obtain means for Br Richards.
At the Close of the meeting I took the Parting hand with many of the Saints among whom was W Richards & O Hyde. Br Richards Blessed & said the spirit & power of God should rest upon me on this mission that I should say in the end that it was one of the best missions I ever took that no power should prevail against me & many other blessings he pronounced upon my head.
I then rode to Brother Carters, took Malinda Thomas into my Carriage (who had been labouring for us) & Carried her home on Pigeon creek. 18 miles. Whole distance 25 m. I spent the night at Br Strat-tons.

[Wilford Woodruff's Journal: 1833-1898 Typescript, Volumes 1-9, Edited by Scott G. Kenney, Signature Books 1993, http://amzn.to/newmormonstudies]

No comments:

Post a Comment