Mormon History, Mar 5, 1848

[Apostle Wilford Woodruff Journal] 5th Sunday I got my team home. Br Allexander and Br Petty spent part of the day & night with me.
I had one of the most interesting dreams of my life during the night. Most of it was taken from me when I awoke. I flew through the air from state to state & escaped from the hand of my enemies. I went to HEAVEN and saw the Saints in their employment. I saw Joseph & Hiram Smith & many others who had died of the Latter Day Saints. The innumerable company of Saints which I saw seemed to be prepairing for some grand & important event which I could not understand. Many were busily ingaged in making Crowns for the Saints. One crown did not suit the artist so they cut it in to in the middle to make it over new. The saints were all dressed in white robes both male and female. My soul was filled with Joy & glory while I gazed upon the seenery that surrounded me but I awoke and behold it was a dream.

[Wilford Woodruff's Journal: 1833-1898 Typescript, Volumes 1-9, Edited by Scott G. Kenney, Signature Books 1993, http://amzn.to/newmormonstudies]

No comments:

Post a Comment